Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Prepping for the big trip

So, today I am taking stock of all things 'administrative' that I need to do before I depart. For instance I am telling my bank and credit card company of my travel dates, thinking deep thoughts about buying some euros travellers cheques, but really wishing I could  just get cash from machines as I go. Notified the bank already...credit card company is still on to-do list.

One thing I'm gleaning from booking accommodations is that the Italian sensibility seems to prefer to deal in cash whenever possible -- no need for big brother to get his hand too deep in the pockets of hard working paesani!

Am worrying about learning to upload pictures from a new phone I don't even have as yet, a compact digital camera I have yet to purchase, and synching up the right style of memory card so I have the right ones for the cameras -- oh, and charging camera batteries? Guess I'll need an international charger thingy, or borrow K's as she has at least one.  But mustn't be too travel-companion needy!

A domani o dopodomani! (love that word)

Hints, tips and suggestions welcome!

2 comments:

  1. RM, what's your itinerary? Make that your next posting. cheers. nc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itinerary posted. Read and weep with envy.

    ReplyDelete